3. Receipt and Collection of Information. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. We may, however, receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
3.1. Account. In order to provide you with certain services that we offer through the Service, you must create an account ("Account"). You may create an Account by completing an online registration form or by signing in via a Third Party Account (defined below), as follows:
(a) Online Registration Form: You can complete and submit an online registration form which we make available on the Site or the App. In certain circumstances you may be able to complete the online registration form with the assistance of a DoTimely representative by calling us. In any event, you will be asked to provide information such as your user name, an email address, and a password that you will use for your Account. If you complete and submit the online registration form with the assistance of a DoTimely representative, you must immediately access your Account and change your password and you agree that DoTimely shall not be liable, and you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against DoTimely, in connection with any failure by you to change your password.
(b) Third Party Account: Alternatively, you can click on a sign-in option that we may display on the Service for Facebook or other designated third party websites that you may have registered an account with (each a "Third Party Account"). Doing so will enable you to link your DoTimely Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then a Third Party Account pop-up box will appear for your approval, describing the types of information that we will obtain from, and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with, your Third Party Account. Such information may include your Third Party Account username, email address, profile picture, birthday, gender and preferences. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
(a) General. DoTimely offers an array of services by providing registered users who are seeking a service ("Individuals") with a service Businesses (a "Businesses") to perform such services. We collect, receive and store Personal Information (such as your email address and cell phone number) in connection with the services that the Businesses provide to you. Your participation in any services is optional and you at all times may choose whether to provide any related Personal Information.
(b) Individuals. If you are an Individual then, in order to receive the full benefit of the Service, it may also be necessary to provide us with certain information about your Request, such as: your name, the number of participating pets, the general health and any behavioral issues of the pet(s), the duration of the service and the location at which the service will take place (including information necessary for the Businesses to gain access to the pet(s)).
3.3. Location Based Services. Certain location-based services that we provide in connection with the App are dependent on data related to the geographic location of the device on which the App is installed. Please be aware that unless the location feature is turned off on your device, we may continue to collect such location data. If you choose to participate in these location services, you agree that we may collect location data from your device.
3.4. "Contact Us" Information. If you send us a "contact us" request we will receive and store a copy of your email address, as well as any other Personal Information you disclose.
3.5. Profile. The Service enables you to build a profile in connection with your Account ("Profile"). Your Profile will be based on the information that you provide to us from your Third Party Account. You may also choose to provide us with other information to use and display in connection with your Profile. If you provide information about your references or any third party, please make sure you first obtain their consent to post and make information about them publicly available. If you are a Businesses then, in addition to your Profile, you may also have a Businesses Page (see Section 4.3. below).
(b) Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer"s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service Businesses also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
(d) Mobile App. We may also collect limited information from your device in order to provide the App. Such information may include your device type, device id, and date and time stamps of App use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes. If you are a Businesses, we require, and you agree to allow GPS tracking or photographic data through the mobile app for the purpose of verifying, Businesses provision of services to an Individual.
4. Publicly Available Information.
4.1. General. The Service may permit you and other Service users to post, publish and transmit information, video, image, data, text, documents, and other content onto public areas of the Service and to other Service users ("User Submissions"). You acknowledge and agree that certain User Submissions will become publicly published content and will be available to us and other Service users. This is the case even if your User Submission contains Personal Information. Please note that if you publish your contact information, you may receive unsolicited messages from users and visitors to the Site. We therefore encourage you to publish only information you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
4.2. User Submissions and Profile. Any inquiries, responses, messages, and comments that you post onto public areas of the Service will be publicly available, and may include your Profile name and Profile picture. You have the choice of deciding whether to make your inquiries, responses, messages, and comments generally available on a public area of the Service or to only send or post them to one or several Service users. The notices and tools that we provide on the Service should help inform you who your User Submissions will be visible to (for example, one or many other Service users).
4.3. Businesses Page. A Businesses may have a "Businesses Page" to display information such as their picture, name, experience, as well as testimonials and ratings written by Individuals who have used such Businesses" services in the past. Businesses Pages will be accessible to all Service users and should be considered publicly available content.
5. Use of Personal Information.
5.1 Generally. If you submit Personal Information to us through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
(a) We may use Personal Information to improve the App and Site and our related services to you, to contact you in connection with the services we provide and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service that you are authorized to access.
(b) If you are an Individual and order a DoTimely service: certain information (but never your password), such as your name, contact information (email address and phone number), postal code, and the time for the service, will be made available to the assigned Businesses.
(c) If you are a Businesses and you are assigned to an Individual: certain information (but never your password), such as your Profile (including your name, age, picture, postal code) and other information that you disclose, will be made available to the Individual for their review.
5.2 Disclosure. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submit via the Service and its related services, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary, to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce our Terms and EULA including investigations of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, and/or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DoTimely, its users, yourself or the public.
6. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (defined below) or disclose it to third party service Businesses in order to provide and improve our Service and to enhance your experience with the Service. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements. "Anonymous Information" means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Service.
7. Opt-out. We may use your email address to send you promotions, updates, a newsletter or news regarding our Service. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any "Contact Us" request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Service. If you no longer desire our Service or wish to delete or deactivate your Account, you can contact us at email@example.com.
8. Links to Other Sites. Our Service may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
9. Children"s Privacy. The Service is not intended for children under the age of 13 years old, and we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
10. Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy. In the event that DoTimely is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from you and our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors" rights generally, we may not be able to control the manner in which your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
12. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of DoTimely who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.